What is the best place to store your RV or camper? (Part 1)
An RV, trailer, or camper can be a great way to travel. But the problem is where to store it. Storage solutions for these vehicles are not always easy to find. When you’re not traveling, it’s important to find a secure place to store your RV, camper, or trailer. But you also need a storage solution that’s easy to access and that won’t cost you a fortune.
There are many different options for storing an RV, trailer, or camper. The first and most obvious option is to store your RV at home in the garage.
With a two-car or three-car garage, you may have space available to store RVs, motorhomes, campers, or trailers. This is the perfect option for RVs and trailers that are 22 feet to 35 feet in length. But many garages in residential homes in Alberta can not fit a recreational vehicle, especially if it’s a taller RV.
This is the most inexpensive option but may present some challenges and issues. Here are the advantages and disadvantages.
- Affordable: If your home garage is large enough, you don’t have to pay for your RV storage elsewhere.
- Secure: Since you have the RV in your garage, the possibility of vandalism or theft is greatly reduced.
- Weather proof: Your vehicle in protected from environmental damages in an enclosed space.
- Taking up space: Even if your RV fits in the garage, that means you will lose the precious room inside your garage for home and seasonal storage, such as patio furniture, an extra fridge, snow blower and lawn mower.
Another good option for storing an RV, trailer, or camper is renting from someone who has extra space in their driveway or backyard that they would be willing to rent out.
Perhaps storing your RV at home isn’t possible. Another option to store your RV is to rent a storage lot or facility. Finding a storage lot that is affordable, secure, closer to your home, and gives your the freedom with when you want to access your vehicle are some of the important factors to consider.
- Size: Outdoor RV storage facilities offer a large range of options for vehicles of all sizes from 14′ x 20′ to 14′ x 50′. You can park everything from tow trailers, to large Class A motorhomes to sea containers.
- Affordable: Outdoor storage yard is generally a very affordable storage option.
- Security: Storage facilities that provide outdoor vehicle storage are often equipped with security features 8ft security fences with barbed wire, a 32-camera surveillance system and added flood lights.
- Access: You can access our outdoor storage facility 24 hours a day, 7 days a week using a convenient mobile APP and the pin code.
- Weather: Outdoor RV, container and trailer storage yard leaves your vehicle exposed to environmental elements. However there are things you can do to protect your vehicle from any environmental damages.
Visit South Edmonton Storage RV Storage Service page to learn more about your options.